Here are two fairly short works that I particularly enjoy playing lute
   continuo on:
   Handel's Ombra mai fu (his most popular aria)--there is also a version
   by Bononcini which is also nice with lute
   Ombra mai fu is in F major, but you can move it up a tone to G Major if
   you are playing in A tuning, and in this key it is very good with
   soprano.
   We transposed it to E Flat Major for countertenor.
   [1]Handel: Ombra mai fu (Serse); Christopher Lowrey, countertenor,
   Voices of Music 4K UHD

                                  [2]image

   [3]Handel: Ombra mai fu (Serse); Christopher Lowrey, count...
   [4]View on www.youtube.com
   Preview by Yahoo

   The other work is the JC Bach Lamento--in G Minor it lies really very
   well for archlute or Theorbo in G tuning; transposed up a tone to A
   Minor it is super on the theorbo and also lies better for soprano.
   [5]J.C. Bach ~ Lamento: Ach, dass ich Wassers gnug hACURtte;
   Christopher Lowrey, countertenor 4K UHD

                                  [6]image

   [7]J.C. Bach ~ Lamento: Ach, dass ich Wassers gnug hACURtte; C...
   [8]View on www.youtube.com
   Preview by Yahoo

   dt