Hi John,
   We have a section on our blog completely devoted to used instruments on
   sale. We are not involved in the sale, we only help the people to
   announce their instruments for free and I can say that it works pretty
   well.
   [1]www.cuerdaspulsadas.com/blog/category/mercado/
   You can translate the webpage by using the flags on the top left
   corner.
   Consider, and this is my opinion, to buy one of these instruments
   instead of one coming from Thomman or mid-est countries. It could be
   more expensive but better in the long-term.
   Regards.

     Hello all,
     My name is John Yentes.   I have been a classical guitarist and
     violist for many years (among many other instruments) and am
     beginning my foray into the world of the lute.   I am currently
     living in Japan and am wondering if anyone knows of or is selling a
     used instrument that I could purchase or perhaps if you might also
     know of some less expensive luthiers for decent quality instruments.
       I don't mind buying something a bit less than perfect as I have
     already resigned myself to the idea of visiting a professional who
     can adjust the instrument for my own specific needs.   I'm looking
     for an 8 course lute or perhaps a baroque lute.   I'm not quite sure
     which I would prefer to start with, but I would be very grateful for
     any information I could acquire in regards to the pros and cons of
     starting on either instrument respectively in regard to my previous
     experience as a guitarist .   My budget is only about 1500 dollars.
     I have found some lutes on eBay from a Turkish maker named Sa!
      adettin Sandi and his son.   Apparently they are of fairly good
     quality from what I have read.   I have also been considering some
     instruments from the early music shop.   If anyone could provide any
     info for me, I would greatly appreciate it.   I enjoy listening to
     music from the Italian renaissance such as Piccinnini and I also
     enjoy Dowland quite a bit.   I am well versed in the works of
     baroque music available for the lute as well though, so perhaps what
     I am after is an instrument that can play a bit of everything or at
     least has some degree of versatility.   Thanks for reading and I
     hope to hear back from some of you.
     John
     Sent from my iPhone

   Cuerdas Pulsadas
   [4]www.cuerdaspulsadas.com || [5]h...@cuerdaspulsadas.com
   [6]BLOG || [7]AGENDA || [8]TIMELINE

               [9]blog [10]facebook [11]twitter [12]instagram