Here's a very short video comparing the sustain time of a new Aquila
   Loaded Nylgut string and a Savarez copper-wound nylon-silk core bass
   string.
   [1]https://youtu.be/8FVJMk_Xjv0
   My ears hear better than the microphone, and the useable sustain on the
   Aquila string is 4 seconds, while the Savarez is a long 8 seconds.
   With the Savarez, you will be required to stop pretty much every note
   you play in the bass. With the Aquila, less so.
   The Aquila do remind me of gut basses. I used to have an 11c completely
   strung in gut, and these loaded nylgut strings are very, very close.
   On the other hand...Mersenne says his basses sustain for almost 20
   seconds!!!
   I'll stick with the Aquila.
   Rob