Barley has ornaments.

Rainer

As usual you have pressed reply to all :)

On 06.03.2017 12:32, Ron Andrico wrote:
   While Wikipedia is untrustworthy in most respects, in this case it may
   be correct.  While ornaments appear liberally in manuscript sources,
   and there are various indications for right-hand fingering and
   left-hand holds in earlier typeset prints of lute music, Vallet's
   tablatures were engraved in copper, a very costly procedure that
   probably contributed to his personal financial ruin.  But this was the
   only means of adding the extraordinarily detailed slurs, fingerings and
   ornament signs to his printed tablatures.  Since the statement
   attributed to Herr Neumann is qualified with "may have been", there is
   no reason to doubt the claim.

   RA

   From: lute-...@cs.dartmouth.edu <lute-...@cs.dartmouth.edu> on behalf
   of Rainer <rads.bera_g...@t-online.de>
   Sent: Monday, March 6, 2017 10:49 AM
   To: Lute net
   Subject: [LUTE] Earliest printed tablature with ornaments

   Dear lute netters,
   According to Wikipedia
   "According to Frederick Neumann,[2] Vallet may have been among the
   first to introduce ornaments into lute tablature."
   Of course this is nonsense.
   Anyway, does anybody know of printed tablature with ornaments before
   1596?
   Rainer
   [2]Frequently Asked Technical Questions about the lute mail list
   www.cs.dartmouth.edu
   Frequently Asked Technical Questions about the lute mail list. getting
   on and off the list; How do I get on the lute mail list? How do I get
   off the lute mail list?