Thomas Mace has a few choice things to say about the d-minor tuning,
      and includes a table that compares it with his favorite "flat"
   tuning
      to demonstrate how unwieldy the d-minor tuning is in terms of
   playing
      in various keys.
   And he wrote in 1676, when (I gather) D minor had begun to establish
   itself? What a contradiction to Mace, that it became the norm. Why?

   On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 11:22 PM, Ron Andrico