Dear Arthur, dear Stephan (and all other lute friends who emailed me),

thank you for your really precious indications!

It looks I was a bit silly (or maybe more than a bit), but you helped me
an awful LOT.

1. I just ordered a copy of "Bachiana et alia musicologica" for about 23
Euro including postageover Abebooks (I didn't think about this one,
thank you again Arthur!);

2. I had tried JSTOR before and for obscure reasons hadn't found the
journal "Die Musikforschung" (Baerenreiter). I just tried again and -
yes! It is there :-)

So using my free JSTOR account I was able to read the article on line
(you can have three items on your online "shelf" for free), but I'll
probably buy a copy to download (it's 8 EUR and it's definitely worth
it).

I hadn't contacted the Library of the Conservatorio fo Pavia, as in
Italy the Conservatori are Universities since the latest reorganization
only, and in many cases they are in an integration process yet. I did
prefer to do online searches... (Pavia is also a 4 hours drive from
where I live, so I tend to go there for exams and concerts).

I could have asked my "significant other", who is a University associate
Professor in Trieste. She would have had of course access to
inter-university books borrows, but I simply didn't think about that
(simple) solution (no comment on this...)

Anyway, it's all nearly solved now :-)

Thank you again for your very kind and friendly help!

Luca