   From: Markus Lutz <mar...@gmlutz.de>
   To: Lutelist <lute@cs.dartmouth.edu>
   Sent: Saturday, October 7, 2017 6:15 PM
   Subject: [LUTE] Re: 13 corse baroque lute looking for a responsible
   owner :)
   Dear Steven,
   I think that probably always the width between the 1st and 13th string
   is meant. In the list of the Hoffmann book they also give the width of
   the whole bridge and specify the string width.
   e.g. for MH9 (13c) string width is given as 139mm and bridge width as
   193mm for the whole bridge and 153mm for the inner width (without the
   outer endings).
   Best regards
   Markus
   Am 07.10.2017 um 13:44 schrieb Steven Farrelly-Jackson:
   > Dear Markus,
   >
   > With reference to your list of historic bridges, are the measurements
   > given of the whole top of the bridge itself, or just of the width
   > between the 1st and 13th courses? Everyone in the email string has
   just
   > made reference to "bridge width," but I see you specify "width of
   > strings." Or does "bridge width" just mean "width of strings" for the
   > cognoscenti?!
   >
   > Many thanks and best wishes,
   > Steven
   >
   > On Fri, Oct 6, 2017 at 5:38 AM, Markus Lutz <[1]mar...@gmlutz.de
   > <mailto:[2]mar...@gmlutz.de>> wrote:
   >
   >    The measurements I refer to stem from the new book "Martin und
   >    Johann Christian Hoffmann" by Eszter Fontana, Veit Heller and
   Klaus

   <mailto:[4]r.turov...@gmail.com>>

   <[6]http://www.cs.dartmouth.edu/~wbc/lute-admin/index.html>

   --