Forward because of wrong sender ...

Am Freitag, 24. November 2017 15:53 CET, Ron Andrico <praelu...@hotmail.com>
schrieb:

>    David Smith may be a wizard with technology but I believe he has to
>    laboriously download each page and compile a pdf for general use.  This
>    is a very time-consuming process, particularly when downloading from
>    the Vatican library since one must recite an Ave Maria and Pater Noster
>    for each page.

No, the whole point of being able to program is to not have to do things in
person.
To download all images, open a terminal and do:

$ mkdir Barberini
$ cd Barberini
$ for i in $(seq -f '%04g' 0 44); do wget  -O $i.jpg
https://digi.vatlib.it/pub/digit/MSS_Barb.lat.4145/iiif/Barb.lat.4145_$i.jp2/full/910,/0/native.jpg;
 sleep 2; done

That's all (Mac users might need to 'brew install wget' or adapt the script to
use curl instead. Windows user are ... poor lost souls ;-)
Combining the the reulting JPEG-Images into a Pdf file is left as an exercise
to the reader ...

BUT: this will still leave you with a pile of ridiciously low quality, low
resolution  images with strange copyright
banners all over the page (2/3 of the page being blank).

 Cheers, RalfD