Metal will put more preasure on an already weakened and deteriorating
   German old glute. My advice is nylon, fishing line, gut, or other low
   tension options. Speak to Mathias Rösel, he has one.
   I believe, these were originally stringed with metal strings. But
   though loosing some volume with nylon etc. I imagine a sweeter (?)
   sound would be reached? Any feedback from the cognoscenti?
   G.
   On Thu, Nov 30, 2017 at 7:57 PM, Tristan von Neumann