Just to say that my theorbo (86/164cm) still has its original gut basses, still sounding good - I made it in 1996.

Martin

On 04/12/2017 10:41, David van Ooijen wrote:
    Long theoorbe/archlute basses always plain gut. I see no argument for
    anything else, and I hear no improvement in sound with anything else. I
    have a travelling archlute with 110cm (or about) basses, and even there
    plain gut stil gets me a decent low G.
    David

    David van Ooijen
    [1]davidvanooi...@gmail.com
    [2]www.davidvanooijen.nl
    On 4 December 2017 at 09:07, Mimmo - Aquila Corde Armoniche