To: Tristan von Neumann <tristanvonneum...@gmx.de>
   Sent: Friday, 8 December 2017, 15:35
   Subject: Re: [LUTE] German Lute history (was: Stringing Question)
   Look at the pictures I recently posted which shows these lute shaped
   guitars being taken into 'the wilderness'. There are others.....
   A440 is perfectly satisfactory for an e tuned (ie guitar tuned)
   instrument of normal (ie guitar) string length. Gut was, of course,
   employed on guitars until the advent of nylon.
   Hauser did make lutes in the early/mid 20thC but whilst being double
   strung they still exhibit many characteristics of the earlier
   lute-guitar. See for example
   [1]http://guitars.com/inventory/ac1809-1913-hermann-hauser-lute
   Dolmetsch and others were making instruments more closely based on
   historical models at around this time.
   MH