Dear collective wisdom,
   I wonder if you might be able to help me with finding
   proper strings for a theorbo I ´ve commissioned.
   The instrument is a theorbo by Sellas, 1640,
   today housed in Paris with the label E. 545.
   [1]http://collectionsdumusee.philharmoniedeparis.fr/doc/MUSEE/0161799
   It ´s quite a spectacular instrument with
   six double strings on the fretboard, at 890 mm,
   and then 8 double strings for the diapasons, at 1300 mm.
   It was probably shortened sometime from its original length
   into this present condition.
   The problem that arises is when one wants to string the upper courses
   of the diapasons. Here one needs very thin strings beginning with
   0.40-0.42
   for the high string of the 7th course Gg, at the string length of ca.
   1500 mm...
   Any ideas would be highly appreciated.
   Best wishes,
   Magnus Andersson