Hello all,
   Reporting back: sadly there was no new theorbo music in this concert.
   The three new pieces were all for solo recorder.   A very fine concert
   nonetheless, with excellent continuo from Alex McCartney in Telemann,
   Blavet etc, and a couple of Kapsberger toccatas.
   [1]http://www.baroqueattheedge.co.uk/category/event/
   I had a brief chat with the festival director afterwards who told me
   that Matthew Wadsworth had commissioned some new theorbo music (Toby
   Carr also mentioned this   earlier in this thread).   The piece, The
   Miller's Tale by Stephen Goss, was premiered at the Wigmore Hall in
   London in March 2017 and Matthew has now recorded it.
   Here's a link from his website
   [2]https://matthewwadsworth.com/commissions
   and a promotional video
   [3]https://youtu.be/hkXmtZEVAIw
   It's a nice piece, I hope it gains some traction with other players.
   Peter
   On 22 December 2017 at 10:20, Peter Martin <[4]peter.l...@gmail.com>