"after 1650" doesn't mean "18th century" though...

So what is the earliest minuet in lute literature?...

Am 18.01.2018 um 12:48 schrieb Mathias Rösel:
You can clearly tell one handwriting from another in this manuscript. There's
the major share of pieces in an older style (mano A), and additions in a
younger style (mano B, after 1650), like mutanze, ceccone etc. The minuet is
mano B. Read Dinko Fabris's preface in the S.P.E.S. edition.

Mathias

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: lute-...@cs.dartmouth.edu [mailto:lute-...@cs.dartmouth.edu] Im Auftrag
von Tristan von Neumann
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 18. Januar 2018 11:55
An: lutelist Net
Betreff: [LUTE] Re: I'm confused.

To me, everything in Doni seems pretty old school even for 1640.
The minuet seems by the same hand and is in the middle of the page between "Ballo di
Matova" (very oldschool) and a simple ciacona.
Also, this is just halfway through the manuscript.
http://gerbode.net/facsimiles/doni_lute_book/033.png

Which pieces do you consider 18th century? What makes you think the minuet is a
later addition?...