I understand these as 'French' 1st and 2nd endings, where the second
   ending is written first, and the first ending written last. You find
   these a lot in French Baroque. Very confusing when sight reading
   chamber music, as there's always some poor soul  getting lost  (usually
   me, to the merriment of the others),  espcially when these endings are
   combined with 'petite resprises'.
   David

   David van Ooijen
   [1]davidvanooi...@gmail.com