From: Arthur Ness <arthurjn...@verizon.net>
   To: dshoskes <dshos...@mac.com>; arthurjness <arthurjn...@verizon.net>
   Sent: Fri, Feb 9, 2018 10:54 am
   Subject: Re: [LUTE] Jacques Gautier, Ludovico Ariosti engravings
   (portraits)
   Daniel,

   How wonderful.  Congratulations!!! Did you get both? Kenneth would be
   the ideal person to ask for advice.

   John and Jude Lubrano would surely be considered among the leading
   music antiquarians of our day.  Other exceptionally famous firms have
   included Leo Liepmannssohn (Berlin), Albi Rosenthal (London), Dan Fog
   (Copenhagen), Ludwig Doblinger (Vienna--off St. Stephensplatz!),
   Wurlitzer√ɬĘBruck (New York City), Theodore Front (Los Angeles), et
   cetera.  Sotheby's and Christies often auction rare, antiquarian
   music.  The Lubranos usually have a booth at the Boston Early Music
   Festival.

   Recent Lubrano offerings have included Dowland's Second Book of Ayres,
   for example.  I think it was a copy belonging to our late Bob Spencer.
   One of 8 surviving copies.  Original press run: 1025 copies.  $35,000
   later reduced to $15,000.<sigh>
   Arthur Ness
   [1]arthurjn...@verizon.net