Here’s a tuning method I’ve been experimenting with, and I’m wondering
about others’ related experiences.  My 8 course is nominally in g (i.e., g
treble), 1/4 comma meantone. But - since most of the music I play is in flat
keys, I set my Peterson tuner for an instrument in F instead of C.  Thus when I
tune the g, the readout is d, etc.  I’ve also found that using a chord
consisting of fret d on 3rd, e on 4th, and f on fifth is helpful in refining
the tuning and those frets.
        Any similar experiences?

Best to all,
Leonard Williams