Dear List

The DRAE (Diccionario de la Real Academia Española) has, as first meaning:
Silva
1. f. Colección de materias o temas diversos, escritos sin método ni orden.

A collection of diverse  matters or subjects,  written without a method or
order.

Silva as “selva” (jungle, forest) is meaning no. 5, and it’s marked
“desus” (not used any more).

Regards

eloy