Hi All,
   after attending a concert including a portuguise guitar, I was
   positively surprised to realise, that this rare metal strung instrument
   is also traditionally played using the thumb-in technique!
   And after aquiring a Yamaha G1 guitalele, I was equally surprised, that
   I could play difficult lute pieces satisfactorily on such a tiny and
   cheap instrument. (Getting a noticeable pain in the left wrist
   afterwards though, which was quite a deception!)
   G.