A scholar yet not a gentleman

On 08/12/2018 02:50 PM, G. C. wrote:
    I just found out, that SP was the Harvey Weinstein of the 1660s! They
    obviously had no #metoo campaigns in those days. And completely
    different men-women relationships. It's quite strange to read his coded
    sexual passages in a spanish/french/latin mishmash. And the complete
    diary including those passages is hard to find. Though there is tis
    page:
    [1]http://www.pepys.info/bits2.html
    He's been mentioned often for his relevance in describing the music
    scene in Charles II reign (another oversexed regent apparently). Has
    anyone here seen the BBC2 television movie from 2003 "The private life
    of Samuel Pepys"? I'd very much like to see it.
    Best
    G.