The chromatic fantasia by Rosseter, (~17:20 min. in the program), found
   in the Jane Pickering lute book on fol. 23v, (see Gerbode), has
   previously been attributed to Dowland. It undoubtedly is a great piece,
   and sounds a lot like Dowland to me! Other lute accompaniments
   (ascribed to Rosseter in the program), also have a distinct Dowland
   flavour. I gather that Campion/Rosseter in their song book from 1601
   were capitalizing on Dowland's success with his own First Book from
   1597. Are we talking plagiarism? Rosseter must have been a fine
   lutenist however, as he was hired by James I, (alongside Dowland). A
   rather small production of lute pieces by him survive in the Cambridge
   books as well as in continental collections (a. o. Mylius). I'd very
   much like to know the arguments for ascribing the said chromatic
   fantasia to Rosseter as well as include it in my list of chromatic
   pieces in the previous post on the subject. I'm sure the lute society
   edition (which I unfortunately don't have) contains more info.
   Chromatic lute pieces:
   Gostena Fantasia 25
   Molinaro Fantasia 12
   Dowland Forlorne Hope and Farewell
   Rosseter Fantasia (Pickering 23v/Mylius)
   Peter Phillips Dolorosa Pavan
   Aegidius #22 Galliard
   Picinnini Toccata Cromatica
   Castaldi Cromatica Corrente