Hello there,

   my apologies, I forgot that the list bot doesn't handle images so a
   message I sent earlier was unreadable. So here I go again, with the
   relevant image of the tabulature linked to google drive.

   I didn't find an answer online or on the British Lute Society's FB page
   as to how positions above the octave are identified on a lute. There is
   this curious section in Mercure d'Orléan's "Auff der Schlacht von
   Padua" in Fuhrmann's Testudio p.188 where he notates notes as "p", "r"
   and "t". As I don't want to trust my assumption that these would
   correspond to finger positions 14,15 and 17 or the notes 'a', 'bb' and
   'c' assuming a lute in g I am asking here for the facts. And where are
   these finger positions or 'fret names' codified? I attach a screen shot
   of the last two lines of that page. Oh and I don't want to discuss the
   musical quality of that lengthy piece.

   [1]https://drive.google.com/open?id=1UFZSHsdgjwXBpMlci5oO-rzriDIpBA9Z

   Any advice would be very welcome!

   Best wishes Jurgen

   "There is a voice that doesn't use words. Listen."

   JalÄl ad-DÄ«n Muhammad Rumi