Yes, Tascam does make some pretty nice hardware. But keep in mind: the
"cheaper" (<200 Euro) models lack the possibility
to plug in external mics. That's fine for concert recordings but if you want to
do a semi-professional solo lute recording
(esp. in a sub-optimal recording space) you probably want mics that can be
carefully placed.

 Cheers, RalfD