Von: lute-...@cs.dartmouth.edu [mailto:lute-...@cs.dartmouth.edu] Im Auftrag
von Alain Veylit
Gesendet: Dienstag, 28. Mai 2019 18:17
An: LuteNet list
Betreff: [LUTE] Re: Krebs Concerto in C

For those interested in ensemble music for Baroque lute, I posted a
transcription of the German composer Johann Ludwig Krebs' Concerto in C
for Baroque lute, 2 violins, viola and cello, from the manuscript kept
at the Staatsbibliothek zu Berlin. It is hefty work in 3 parts: Allegro,
Largo and Vivace. The lute parts alone take 18 pages A4, for a
performance time of about 15 to 20 minutes.

Krebs was a contemporary and friend and student of J.S. Bach, something
you might not guess on the face of this concerto. The lute part is
definitely the lead one with many solo happenings.

I provide PDFs for stacked parts and for each instrument, as well as
links to the digital facsimile of the manuscript. I also added a rough
computer generated audio file for each movement - to my knowledge this
concerto has not been previously transcribed or recorded. Krebs' other
concerto, in F, was both transcribed and recorded for the modern guitar
(transposed in G). Jean-Daniel Forget transcribed the lute part, and I
am responsible for the rest and putting the parts together.

See: http://fandango.musickshandmade.com/projects/preview/8

(You may need a free login to view all the documents)

Alain