Dear Lutenists David and Bruno

          I contacted the French company on this issue as to whether there
   were any authorised distributors for their lutes and they assured me
   that there were none. The factories producing LLD lutes and cases are
   under exclusive contracts with LLD. This production entirely designed
   by lute experts in Paris is also quality controlled before sale by
   these same experts here in Paris. Thus if there are copies of these
   instruments being sold by any other outlet, be aware that they would
   not have undergone the same strict quality control and the setup would
   not have been checked by the same experts. Copies might also be
   infringing copyright which takes into account the intellectual
   engagement of the LLD experts.

   Regards

   Anthony

   PS There is also a statement on this issue on the LLD Facebook Page.