Two percent equals "often"? Serious?
   Mathias

   Gesendet mit der [1]Telekom Mail App
   --- Original-Nachricht ---
   Von: Tristan von Neumann
   Betreff: [LUTE] Re: Milan's name
   Datum: 07.01.2020, 15:24 Uhr
   An: lute@cs.dartmouth.edu

   You get a toponymical surname because people say: that's Hans, he moved
   here from Nuremberg. Since we already have dozens of Hansens, let's
   call
   him Nürnberger.
   In many regions in Bavaria still today the Surname is moved to first
   place when talking about people. So "der Nürnberger Hans" becomes Hans
   Nürnberger.
   I think Roman is right that toponymical surnames are often Jewish,
   because Jews often moved around. Certainly more than 2% of such names
   belong to Jewish owners.
   On 07.01.20 13:02, Joachim Lüdtke wrote:
   > Not only among Jews, Roman! If every Oesterreicher, Frankfurter or
   what-you-have would be Jewish, there would be no problem for any small
   Kehillah anywhere here to find a Minjan for the Service â¦