The versions there are easier to play, they also work on Ukulele.

Not really folksy, more like simpler versions of the complicated
artistic variations from Valderrabano.

On 10.01.20 16:26, Ron Andrico wrote:
    Dear Stewart:

    Not knowing exactly what you are aiming for, you can do no better than
    the Conde claros variations in the Marsh ms., p. 232, for a folksy
    character, although the character is decidedly English rather than
    Spanish.

    RA

    From: lute-...@new-old-mail.cs.dartmouth.edu
    <lute-...@new-old-mail.cs.dartmouth.edu> on behalf of Stewart McCoy
    <lu...@mail.cs.dartmouth.edu>
    Sent: Friday, January 10, 2020 1:11 PM
    To: Lute Net <lute@cs.dartmouth.edu>
    Subject: [LUTE] Re: Milan's name - Postludium to the CODA

    Dear Antonio,
    I have been searching my house high and low for my photocopy of
    Barberiis'
    _Libro Decimo_. It must be here somewhere, but I just can't find it.
    However, help is at hand at Sarge Gerbode's lute site. If you search
    there
    under "facsimiles", you will find a copy of Barberiis' book:
    [1]http://www.gerbode.net/facsimiles/Barberiis_intabolatura_di_lauto_v1
    0_1549/hh1v.png
    . The type face for the guitar music looks to me the same as for the
    lute
    music. It is interesting that the top line is marked "canto",
    presumably to
    clarify that this line represents the first course (highest in pitch),
    unlike all the lute music earlier in the book. By the way, although
    each of
    the guitar pieces has the title "Fantasia", they are really more modest
    in
    character. I would be very interested to know what the music is.
    There is a facsimile copy of Salinas' book at the IMSLP site. Please
    could
    you tell me which page he gives the tenor of Conde Claros. (I find the
    Latin
    heavy going.) Where possible I would like to link Spanish romances such
    as
    Conde Claros to simple melodies, to be able to create a more folky
    performance (unaccompanied, or with simple chords strummed on the
    guitar)
    than the sophisticated arrangements for voice and vihuela which survive
    in
    the vihuela books.
    Best wishes,
    Stewart.