Hi all! I’ve been using Finale as my primary music notation software for many
years. Recently, I’ve begun arranging Renaissance and early Baroque music for a
mixed lute trio (Tenor in G, Alto in A, Soprano in D), and while Finale does a
fabulous job notating, transposing, printing, etc., the one complaint I’ve had
(and have made it myself) is the look and function of the font used for the
letters when notating in the French style. I’ve tried many fonts available on
my computer; none seem adequate. Specifically, the letters cover each other
when two or more notes appear at the same time. A friend recommended using
Fronimo, but I don’t believe that one works on a Mac, which I use exclusively.
Does anyone here have a recommendation?

Craig Wiggins
Durham, NC