see here
   [1]A-Wn MusHs 17706

                                [scribd.png]

                              A-Wn MusHs 17706

   Note the tiorba works are copied from the last leaf of the book going
   forwards

   On Friday, 5 June 2020, 08:58:49 BST, Monica Hall
   <mjlh...@mail.cs.dartmouth.edu> wrote:
   I was wondering about that as I don't actually have a copy of this
   particular ms. only the Goess ms.
   Monica
   <[3]s.wa...@ntlworld.com> wrote:

   >    It would be very interesting to see what this music looks like.
   Are there any images online?

   <[6]lute@cs.dartmouth.edu>, Monica Hall <[7]mjlh...@tiscali.co.uk>,
   Roland Hayes <[8]rha...@legalaidbuffalo.org>
   >    Subject: [LUTE] Re: Bartolotti music for theorbo
   >
   >        ?space?--  Dear Roland,
     Bartolotti's precise dates seem unknown at present but c.1630 - 1682
     may be a reasonable estimate. The inclusion of works for lute by Losy
     (b.1650) and Ginter(b.1661) in the earlier part of this Ms suggests a
     date around 1680/90 for its compilation.
     The tiorba was, of course, a widely employed instrument for continuo
   in
     this period and, in my view, it's unsurprising that a few pieces for
     solo instruments by various unidentified tiorba players, as well as
     famed players such as Bartolotti, shouldn't turn up in collections
   from
     time to time.
     Petyer Steur suggests the lute piece on f.26v (Gigue de Angelin de
     Rome) is by A M Bartolotii but this may be simply speculation around
     similar word association.
     regards,
     Martyn
     On Thursday, 4 June 2020, 20:53:14 BST, Roland Hayes
     <[9]rha...@legalaidbuffalo.org> wrote:
       While the unascribed pieces could by someone else, they surely play
     and
       sound like Bartolotti.
       Is there any other theorbo player from that time that we know of,
   who
       could match the style and technique of these pieces?
       Get [1]Outlook for Android

       From: [1][10]lute-...@new-old-mail.cs.dartmouth.edu
       <[2][11]lute-...@new-old-mail.cs.dartmouth.edu> on behalf of Monica
   Hall
       <[3][12]mjlh...@mail.cs.dartmouth.edu>
       Sent: Thursday, June 4, 2020 3:10:50 PM
       To: [4][13]yuval.dvo...@posteo.de <[5][14]yuval.dvo...@posteo.de>;
   LuteList
       <[6][15]lute@cs.dartmouth.edu>
       Subject: [LUTE] Re: Bartolotti music for theorbo
       Thanks for this.
       I have the Moscardi edition but he doesn't give any reasons for
       thinking the pieces are by Bartolotti.
       Unfortunately with lockdown I can't visit the library to check any
       other sources but if I do eventually find some evidence I will let
     you
       know.
       Cheers
       Monica
       > On 04 June 2020 at 17:03 [7][16]yuval.dvo...@posteo.de wrote:
       >

       > Maybe it's worth to take a look on some of the literature? There
     is:

       > Boetticher: RISM B VII, p. 351-352 (rather useless, but he gives
       bunch
       > of literature which I don't know)
       > Meyer (ed.): Sources Manuscrites en Tablature III/1, S. 121-125
   (he
       > doesn't give any information on the other theorbo pieces, but I
       > apparently in the lute part of the mansucript there's a piece by
       > "Angelin de Rome" which Meyer supposed to identify as Bartolotti
   as
       > well. And also there you'll find a lot of literature.)
       > And there's a new edition by Massimo Moscardo: âA. M.
   Bartolotti,
       Pià ¨ces
       > pour thà ©orbe", Paris (SFL) 1995, which could be worth to check!
       >
       > Please keep us informed, in fact I'm very curious what you're
   going
       > find on this subject :-)
       > Yuval
       >
       > Am 04.06.2020 17:45 schrieb Monica Hall:
       > > Thanks Martyn
       > > That's very helpful.
       > > Regards
       > > Monica
       > >> On 04 June 2020 at 14:35 Martyn Hodgson
       > >> <[8][17]hodgsonmar...@mail.cs.dartmouth.edu> wrote:
       > >>

       > >>    Dear Monica,
       > >>    No - I don't know if there are any grounds for attributing
     the
       > >> other
       > >>    tiorba pieces in this Ms to Bartolotti other than, of
   course,
       being
       > >>    adjacent in the same Ms. Incidentally the attribution of
   the
       > >> Allemande
       > >>    (Allemanda di Angelo Michiele) is on f.89r. not 92r.
       > >>    The following Corrente with a variatione on 88r to 87v
       (reversed
       > >>    folios) seems stylistically very close to the Allemanda, as
       does
       > >> the
       > >>    concluding Sarabanda with its variatione, so I'd be happy
       accept
       > >>    these as part of a suite by the same composer AM.  The fact
       that
       > >> the
       > >>    earlier Ms pieces for tiorba (ie from 92 to 89) do not have
     the
       > >>    attribution to AM might suggest they're not by him, but....
       > >>    regards,
       > >>    Martyn
       > >>
       > >>    On Thursday, 4 June 2020, 09:56:59 BST, Monica Hall
       > >>    <[9][18]mjlh...@mail.cs.dartmouth.edu> wrote:
       > >>    Ms. 17706 in the Austrian National Library in Vienna
   includes
       10
       > >> pieces
       > >>    for theorbo usually attributed to Bartolotti. The Allemanda
     on
       > >> f.92r is
       > >>    attributed to Angelo Michiele. Does anyone know on what
     grounds
       the

   [1][10][19]http://www.cs.dartmouth.edu/~wbc/lute-admin/index.html

       > >>    --
       > >>
       > >> References
       > >>
       > >>    1.
     [2][11][20]http://www.cs.dartmouth.edu/~wbc/lute-admin/index.html

       This message is intended only for the use of the individual or
   entity
       to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is
       privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under
   applicable
       law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient,
   or
       the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the
       distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly
     prohibited.
       immediately by telephone and return the original message to us at
       [12][21]i...@legalaidbuffalo.org --