Dear all,
   There's a long tradition of scribing the cipher 'r' in place of 'c' in
   manuscripts of lute tablature. It's quick and easy and serves to
   differentiate a 'c' from an 'e'. My question is, did this carry over
   into historic printed tablatures with standardized typefaces? Can
   anyone suggest examples? Lute, guitar, mandora, etc?
   I don't recall any in Renaissance prints--tho I could easily be
   wrong--but I know I don't have enough experience with baroque
   tablatures!
   Tia, Sean