"era manco"? :)

Maybe it was also an anonymous lute. :)

On 07.08.20 18:20, Edward Martin wrote:
    Dear collective wisdom,
    Dan Larson came about  some photos of old lutes from the 20th century,
    and saw among the photos a Dolmetsch theorbo from 1969, but the most
    intriguing  instrument of all was a 13 course baroque lute labeled by a
    builder, R.A. Manco, and it is dated 1937.   There was also an
    anonymous 7-course lute.
    I find it interesting that the back is so beautiful for its time, and
    is of great workmanship;   the top is as predicted, heavy gloss, bridge
    saddles, probably guitar-like tension.   Dan discovered that there was
    an R. A. Manco in New York City in the 1930's, but I Googled R A Manco
    and found nothing.   I did find some connection with Sao Paulo, Brazil,
    but perhaps not the same person, and this connection had nothing to do
    with music.
    Any information on this mysterious  R A Manco is very appreciated!
    Does anyone know anything?
    Best,
    Ed Martin