On Tuesday, 19 April 2016 3:09:22 PM AEST Trent W. Buck via luv-main wrote:

> I'm using postgrey still because my postfix is f'ing ancient.

I started off using postgrey but switched to sqlgrey as it is (or at least was
then) pretty clever in learning about systems that retry correctly.

http://sqlgrey.sourceforge.net/

# The main drawback of grey-listing as it was done in early implementations
# was the delaying of legit emails.
#
# This is nearly solved by the auto-white-listing mechanisms built
# into SQLgrey:
#
# When a sender has been seen coming from a given IP address, it
# is automatically accepted when coming again from the same IP address.
#
# When several senders from the same domain have been seen coming
# from the same IP address, senders from the same domain are accepted
# when coming from the same IP address.
#
# The delay shouldn't really be a drawback anymore: users will only
# experience delays (mostly in the 6 to 30 minutes range) when receiving
# the first email from a given sender. And on a large scale, new senders
# from a given domain are automatically accepted from the IPs previously
# used for this domain email traffic.