On Monday, 15 August 2016 9:38:00 PM AEST Andrew McGlashan via luv-main wrote:

> And I just learnt that the flash used in most SSDs is pretty much
> equivalent these days; however, Samsung has the best firmware/management
> of the flash -- so it is the one to go for.

Sam McLeod (who did the awesome talk about building high performance storage
for LUV last year) said to me (via Twitter):

# don't touch anything Samsung in our experience. Go Micron M600
# or Sandisk Extreme Pro

He was pretty down on their firmware.   However, Peter Tonoli from unimelb said
he'd not had any issues with Samsung 850pro's, but he takes care to never run
them over 50% occupancy.

Samsung did manage to ship a firmware update 18 months ago that b0rked a some
peoples drives.

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/after-samsung-840-evo-issues-now-the-850-pro-has-issues-too.html

cheers,
Chris