On 16/09/16 11:02, Toby Corkindale via luv-main wrote:
> I noticed that Windows 10 now uses CTCP as the default TCP
> congestion/rate control algorithm, but Linux still defaults to the old
> Cubic algorithm.
>
> CTCP doesn't appear to be available on Ubuntu LTS at the moment, but
> there's a whole host of others to choose from.
> Has anyone here worked out which is the best one to use on typical
> consumer internet links in Australia?

Over and above the rate control algorithm Linux has a bunch of features
that make it work much better than a to-the-spec cubic implementation
(not surprising with a bunch of large content providers like $EMPLOYER
submitting their fixes upstream).

Things like TCP pacing and the work from the bufferbloat folk have
really improved things.

https://fasterdata.es.net/host-tuning/linux/fair-queuing-scheduler/