On Saturday, 17 September 2016 1:23:34 AM AEST Anthony via luv-main wrote:

> This is primarily for "in home displays", but presumably there's gotta be a
> device that's linux friendly out there that talks Zigbee Power v1?

This is what Richard Keech recommended to me:

https://rainforestautomation.com/rfa-z106-raven/

which I bought from these folks:

http://www.fastnetworks.com.au/new-products/9dm7ondccxpc6michdc7182zm0cq7b

and it does work under Linux - at least in so far that it presents a character
device like a modem to the OS.

The problem is that I live in AusNetServices land where their flash based
website (sigh) has been saying since 2014 that:

# ZigBee management is currently under pilot and is not currently available.
# Enter access code to continue.

I've prodded them a few times about this and the last time (back in April)
they told me it might be available in August, but nothing yet. :-(

All the best,
Chris