On Thu, 29 Jun 2017, at 10:03 AM, Brian May via luv-main wrote:
> Hello,


> What is a good USB wifi adaptor - preferably dual band although not
> 100% required that will work out of the box with recent Linux kernels
> on Raspberry Pi 2?> I currently have an adaptor based on the RTL8188CUS, but 
> ever since
> upgrading from Debian Jessie (not Raspbian) to Debian Stretch, I get
> high packet loss. Especially ARP packets - which are somewhat
> important. Curiously this means IPv6 is more reliable than IPv4,
> although even IPv6 was its ups and downs. It is possible to access the
> box via IPv6 or from IPV4 that still has the MAC address cached while
> IPv4 ping requests fail from another box (I think this rules out wifi
> signal issues).> Doing Google research I found that: (a) I should disable 
> power
> management mode (I have), and (b) use an alternate kernel driver.
> However, for (b) I am still trying to find the kernel headers, which
> are apparently installed by default by my imaging tool
> https://github.com/drtyhlpr/rpi23-gen-image, but not correctly
> referenced by the symlinks under /lib/modules/4.9.33-v7+/> 
> https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2259143


> https://github.com/pvaret/rtl8192cu-fixes


> So wondering if picking another wifi adapter might be a better choice?
Brian,

I've used the Wi-Pi USB wifi adapter on a few different RPi models and
it has worked well but I've only used it on Raspbian.
https://www.element14.com/community/docs/DOC-69361/l/wifi-usb-dongle-for-raspberry-pi
If you want to test one, let me know and I can lend you one.

There is also the "official" wifi adapter from the Raspberry Pi
Foundation:
https://www.raspberrypi.org/products/raspberry-pi-usb-wifi-dongle/

Regards
Graeme
_______________________________________________
luv-main mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.luv.asn.au/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/luv-main

Reply via email to