Hi,

On 07/04/18 02:54, Jason White via luv-main wrote:
> For various reasons, I need to maintain a CV, and, moreover, several different
> versions of it to meet different requirements.

You could extend the concepts of available and enabled as with an
Apache2 config...

 sites-available
 site-enabled

 mods-available
 mods-enabled

 ala

  cv1-enabled
  cv2-enabled
  cv9-enabled

You could have a bunch of directories like exim4 split configuration
too; classifying each type of information and storing it in a folder for
that type.

Then for each "type" of CV, you "include" by way of sym linking.

You could consider any sections you want / order them with numeric
prefix naming with century [or other range types that make sense to you]
ranges like http has status codes:
  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_HTTP_status_codes

Create documents by doing a cat of all files in a directory (for each
the CV types).  Pipe the output to whatever tool will process the
content to product the deliverable.

The "content" files can be markdown, asciidoc or whatever you want.

Another idea would be to get creative with "tags" as part of file names
for the content and use with a grep or similar on filenames to include
or exclude content.

Just a little brain storming... hope it gives you some ideas that you
can use.

Cheers
A.