On Thu, 10 Jan 2019, Russell Coker wrote:

> On Wednesday, 9 January 2019 12:14:47 PM AEDT Tim Connors via luv-main wrote:
> > rsync flags I frequently see people forget to use on rsync when they want
> > the destination to be exactly the same as the source:
> >
> > rsync -HAXS
>
> Thanks Tim and Glenn.  Not surprising that rsync could do what I wanted but I
> just didn't know where to look.

Guess what bit me today when another senior admin moved a bastion host
over to its new location?

Fortunately, thanks to you, this was fresh in my memory and I knew exactly
where to look.

I took the opportunity of making it a teachable moment.  I still haven't
convinced the storage admins of same yet though.

--
Tim Connors