presuming you've all already seem it, but next time I'm in the market for a
laptop I'll be looking at system76.  (because some of those laptops have
quite a lot of SSD/HDD capacity...)

https://system76.com/

also, while we are at it, if you need a system targetted or a specific
task, have a look at puget systems page...
https://www.pugetsystems.com/

On Sat, 12 Jan 2019 at 17:53, Russell Coker via luv-main <
luv-main@luv.asn.au> wrote:

> On Saturday, 12 January 2019 12:19:26 AM AEDT Andrew Greig via luv-main
> wrote:
> > I should look at an SSD for my system drive I have a couple of new drives
> > for my RAID.
>
> SSDs are considerably smaller than hard drives.  So a PC that only has
> space
> for 2 hard drives could probably fit 2 hard drives and 2 SSDs.  SSDs also
> dissipate much less heat so can be crammed into spaces that don't have
> enough
> ventilation for hard drives.
>
> 2*SSD + 2*HDD makes for a nice system, lots of space on the HDD and good
> speed
> on the SSD.
>
> --
> My Main Blog         http://etbe.coker.com.au/