On Thursday, 14 November 2019 3:34:57 AM AEDT Andrew Luke Nesbit wrote:
> I would love to borrow some hardware for a few weeks if any of the
> following is available.
>
> Important:
>
> -   Monitor cable adapters (mini-HDMI adapter, micro-HDMI adapter, etc)
> -   A keyboard (USB)
> -   A mouse (USB)
> -   Ethernet switch + .AU PSU
> -   EU or UK power board

I could lend you a keyboard and mouse (I don't keep keyboards in the hardware
library due to size) and a power board.  I could meet you in the CBD any
weekday if that works for you.

https://www.meetup.com/en-AU/Software-Art-Thou/

I'm attending this meetup tonight, it's free, I can bring hardware there for
you.  The meeting should be interesting, I think most LUV members would enjoy
it.  Please reply to this message ASAP if you want me to bring stuff for you
to the meeting tonight.

> Other things:
>
> -   USB-to-UART (3.3V TTL-level or 5V RS232) converters
>
> -   USB-to-USB serial comms cables with integrated converters (for
> computers and serial consoles with no COM port -- to connect an Intel
> NUC to a serial console emulator on a ThinkPad X230 or MacBook Pro, in
> other words, to convert my laptop computer )
>
> -   Associated hardware such as DuPont cables, breadboards, etc

LUV probably isn't the best place to ask about that.  There are a number of
makerspaces that you could meet up with where they might have that.

> -   USB to USB-OTG cables and good quality .AU USB mains chargers

I could lend you USB cables.  The LUV hardware library has a Samsung USB
charger with UK plug that works quite well apart from making a whistling sound
(the frequency is high enough that most people in the 40+ age range probably
can't hear it).  I can lend you an adapter for UK devices in Australian
sockets (you can keep the charger).

> After I return I would send a care package+donation to LUV's hardware
> library.  This would include serial comms equipment, MCU's, logic
> analyzers, SBC's, etc.
>
> I have some enterprise hardware (Supermicro servers, RAM, SSD's, SAS
> HDD's, etc) some of which I would be happy to donate if LUV helps with
> shipping and packaging costs from UK.  Assuming this is economical.

Server shipping from the UK probably isn't worth it.  RAM and SSDs would be,
but isn't there a LUG in the UK that could make use of it?  Years ago I
attended the Cambridge and Oxford LUGs, they weren't as big as LUV, but
helping them to grow would be good.