https://etbe.coker.com.au/2020/06/19/storage-trends/

I wrote the above blog post about trends in consumer level storage.  Basically
SSDs are getting so cheap that for large portions of the market spinning media
makes no sense.  If you need less than 2TB of storage in a workstation or
server then SSD or NVMe is probably the best choice.  The cheapest SSDs are
significantly cheaper than the cheapest hard drives.

I'm sending all my spare hard drives that are less than 500G in size to e-
waste.  I'll keep some 500G disks in the hardware library but anything smaller
doesn't seem worth using.

Also I'm going to send to e-waste all hardware that's designed for 32bit Intel
systems.  While a P3 made a decent firewall system, the cheap SATA SSDs make
64bit systems comparable for power use so I don't think a P3 is any good for a
firewall nowadays.

If anyone wants to make any last minute requests for IDE disks etc let me
know.

Finally while we aren't having LUV meetings you can still get access to the
hardware library.  Email me off-list if there's stuff you need, I can leave it
on my porch or drop it off to you if you live in an area that's near somewhere
I visit.