Hi Zhen,

thanks for the quick response.

Here is how I read the document: Many years ago we played around with
some hardware, which happened to be in the office. We ran some security
tests and the results for state-of-the-art crypto was extremely slow.
Hence, we added other performance measurements using key length that
nobody would be able to use. Then, it looked much better.

All security recommendations I have read suggest to use 112-bits+ keys
for modern implementations.

Regarding your question:

> Is this 112 bits of symmetric encryption mandatory for even tiny
> devices?

A clear "yes" also for tiny IoT devices.

What I am still missing is a response to my question about the actual
software stack being used on that device.

Ciao
Hannes