Hi, all,

Scanning this doc, I had expected to see some "success criteria" up front.

In particular, I was expecting that this approach was intended to be
some "minimal" variant of TCP, subject to the following constraint:

    This variant of TCP is intended to be compatible with current TCP,
albeit with lower performance.

I.e.

1) a constrained TCP client would always be able to connect with a
compliant TCP server

2) a constrained TCP server would always be able to connect with a
compliant TCP cllient

3) #1 and #2 MAY result in reduced performance for that client-server
connection

4) #1 and #2 MUST NOT interfere with other client-server connections any
more than other compliant TCP connections (i.e., MUST be "TCP-friendly")

Is there any analysis or summary of this in the current document? If
not, that's a good place to start, IMO.

As is discussing this work in TCPM or at least TSVWG.

Joe