This is more a shell question than anything particular to LXD. Just
prepend the variable you want to the beginning of your command:

GOPATH=/some/path/here apt install some_software

for something more permanent, edit the default path variable IN the
container, probably /etc/login.defs - you didn't mention what distro
you're using. or add your GOPATH variable to that file.