On 19/09/16 21:40, manik sheeri wrote:

However, after that I enter root mode via `sudo su` command.
And try to run glxgears, but I get the following error:

    No protocol specified
    Error: couldn't open display :0.0

Not sure why this error is coming. If user `ubuntu` runs x apps fine , I expected root to do the same.

I saw this kind of error on a non-containerized machine. Try running glxgears the following way:
HOME=/home/Ubuntu glxgears
Replace /home/Ubuntu with home directory of a user for which it is working. I don't know the proper fix, but it works as a workaround for me. Probably something related to X server authorization.

--

With Best Regards,
Marat Khalili