What kind of memory savings did you get using UKSM?  Did you run it on an LXD
server?

I finally got KSM working as expected on my containers using the ksm_preload
technique (thanks Fajar!).  Unfortunately, the RAM savings is not as high as I
expected.  I have about 50 containers - each running nginx and php7 (identical).

I modified the startup scripts for nginx and php7 to use the “ksm-wrapper” tool
(which uses the ksm_preload technique) and restarted all the containers. After
everything settled down, the best I could get was about 150MB of saved memory.
 Much less than I expected.

I looked into UKSM, but that requires a custom kernel (either build your own or
use one of the pre-built ones: pf-kernel).  Since these are production servers,
I am very hesitant to use anything but a standard kernel.

-Ron