Hi folks,

I am running lxc 2.0.9 on Stretch. The (privileged) container
runs Oracle Linux 7.4. Problem: I get some very restricted
ulimits in the container (e.g. nofile hard 8192), even though
the limits for root and "*" on the host are set to much higher
values. On the host the limits are fine.

If I set the expected limits in lxc1:/etc/security/limits.d/\
local.conf, then ssh to this container fails. ssh just says
"Connection closed", exit value is 254. So apparently setting
the limits in the container is not an option.

Is there some way to get around this mess? I saw that lxc 2.1
provides new lxc.prlimit config options, but AFAIU *privileged*
containers should inherit the limits and shoud be fine with a
local limits.conf.

???

Every helpful comment is highly appreciated
Harri