So in Ubuntu 16.04.4 I created  4 LXD containers using LXC. From the host I
created the first container then did $ lxc copy containter1 container2 , 1
to 3 and 1 to 4.

It was a challenge for me to make them accessible from the outside world but
I conquered that.

Now however I cannot su or sudo inside the containers?  For instance:

sudo find / -name testfile -print

sudo: no tty present and no askpass program specified

also.

When I do   $  lxc exec container1  /bin/bash  from the host:

I am put in:  ray@container1:/root$  // The "/root"  does not seem correct?

Also.

ray@container2:/etc$  visudo

visudo: /etc/sudoers: Permission denied

ray@ container2:/etc$  su visudo

su: must be run from a terminal

ray@ container 2:/etc$  sudo visudo

sudo: no tty present and no askpass program specified

Also when I try to putty into the container, I get the "login as:"  prompt,
but when I enter the user name, I get:

puTTY Fatal Error

Disconnected: No supported authentication methods available (server sent:
publickey)

(same error from WinSCP)

Any idea what I am missing?

Thanks, appreciate your help on this.