On Sun, Mar 25, 2018 at 05:23:21PM +0000, Avadhut Bhangui wrote:
> Hello,
> I have an ubuntu system. i login to the device as root user. I have two LXC
> containers created using the busbox template. One is privileged and other one
> is unprivileged.
> I want to ensure that when a USB device is connected to my ubuntu box, i
> should be able grant access to the unprivileged container. What options are
> possible and how do we do this?

Are you using LXD or LXC?

For LXD it should be as simple as

lxc config device add <container-name> <device-name> usb vendorid=<id>
productid=<id>

vendor and product id can be gathered via lsusb. For example:

lxc config device add c1 sony usb vendorid=0fce productid=51da

would pass through a specific Sony phone.

Christian