Bhangui, Avadhut Upendra wrote:
Hello,

I’m pretty new to using LXC containers.

I have a requirement that the solution running inside the container should be able to communicate to services in public cloud and also with some services on the host machine.

   1. How do I setup the networking of this container?
   2. When it will try to communicate to the service on the host
      machine, will request be routed to machine over the physical network?

Good bit of information about this found here...

   https://github.com/lxc/lxd/issues

Good starting points...

   https://github.com/lxc/lxd/issues/2534

   https://github.com/lxc/lxd/issues/3977

Keep in mind LXD 3.0 will likely change some of this information.

Another problem area - the current move of many Distros from
old network config files to Netplan config files. This change
breaks all tools used to auto generate /etc/network/interfaces
type files, so keep this in mind if you have an automated
process for mass container creation.